This is the Way, Walk in it

Jun 22, 2011

Whether you turn to the right or to the left,
your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,
"This is the way; walk in it."
Isaiah 30:21

It is an amazing and scary time when you see your children transforming right before your eyes.  It can be exciting when you see them making good choices, thinking through decisions, and being responsible.  But nothing will make you fall on your knees quicker than watching children choosing wrong friends and wrong actions.

There seems to be a pinnacle of time when suddenly parent's voices are no longer the loudest in your child's life, but rather the voice of friends.  Amazingly, those voices, no matter how contrary to their upbringing, get through because of the fear of rejection and a strong desire to fit in with those around them.

This summer our family is concentrating on listening to the voice of God above all else.  We're needing to focus on strong relationships both with family and with God.  If we're not listening for God's voice, the world's voice gets louder and louder.  It doesn't take long before our decisions reflect the world's desires rather than God's.  But He promises to guide, counsel, and protect us when we turn our attention to Him and no one else.

If you are watching closely, you most certainly will see when your child is standing at a crossroad, deciding whether to go the world's way or God's way.  Don't miss this opportunity to guide them to the right path.

"This is what the LORD says:
"Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is
and walk in it
and you will find rest for your souls."
Jeremiah 6:16

iFellowship

12 comments:

Shanda,  June 22, 2011 8:34 AM

I love this. Letting our children grow up is so hard and even harder when they make wrong decisions and choose values other than the way we raised. them. I think there is never a time when we let down our guard in directing them.

Steph @ MomKaboodle.com,  June 22, 2011 9:33 AM

oh boy, do I ever remember thinking that my friends knew so much more than my parents. (*cringe*)
I'm not looking forward to those challenges with my kiddos...thanks for the reminder to build the strong family foundation NOW while we still know something in their minds!
Happy iFellowship

Alida,  June 22, 2011 12:51 PM

What great imagery and an awesome lesson for kids or adults!

Lisa,  June 22, 2011 1:09 PM

Love, love, love this scripture in Isaiah! Whether it's us or our children, if we stop and listen, we will hear God's voice telling us the way to go.
Thanks for your comment on my blog. Many blessings!

Stefanie Brown,  June 22, 2011 3:49 PM

Lovely verse and uplifting post.
Thank you!
Happy WFW!

Debbie,  June 22, 2011 3:51 PM

Sometimes it can be hard to be still and listen to the Lord. There are so many competing voices in this world. But I love the reminder to spend time with Him and listen to His direction.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Cedar,  June 22, 2011 6:21 PM

This photo works perfectly with this scripture/post. Learning to listen to God's voice, great advice.

Sara x,  June 22, 2011 8:57 PM

I'm struggling with this at the moment especially with my teenager. They are growing up and trying to fit in. Struggling to let go when my heart just wants to hold on tight. X

Cathy,  June 23, 2011 12:56 AM

That is gorgeous, Dear, thank you. Blessings ~

Joy,  June 23, 2011 9:33 AM

Thank you for sharing this. :)

not accidentally tuesday,  June 23, 2011 9:48 AM

This is so good, I love this scripture passage. My children are all grown up with kids of their own and they have become respectfull and believing adults. Praise be to God at the crossroad they chose the right path.
Ann

Stefanie,  June 23, 2011 4:54 PM

I love those verses from Isaiah 30, have them framed on my bedroom wall.
Stefanie